To use this service, the application must first be registered in the Google API Manager where a Client ID, Client Secret, and Redirect URI can be created and assigned to the corresponding values in the CloudDriveSettings.GoogleDriveSettings.OAuth2 property.
The steps below outline the registration process:
Note: A Google account is required to continue. Visit https://mail.google.com to create a new account.
1. Open the Google Developers Console by visiting the following web site and log into your account. https://console.cloud.google.com
2. Ensure the “Google Drive API” is enabled by selecting it from the list of Google APIs. Note that it may already be enabled and listed in the “Enabled APIs” tab.
3. On the left side of the screen, select “Credentials”. Then click the “Create Credentials” drop down and select “OAuth Client ID”.
4. Select “Desktop Application”* or “Web Application” and give your application a meaningful name that your users will recognize. Next define a Redirect URI in the “Authorized redirect URIs” box. This value must be http://localhost or http://127.0.0.1 in most cases. Copy the value to the EmailSettings.OAuth2.RedirectURI property.
* The Desktop Application option does not ask for a Redirect URL however one of the above values for the local host address must still be set to the RedirectURI property in ReportBuilder.
5. Click “Create” to complete the registration process. A box will be displayed with the Client ID and Client Secret. Copy these values into their corresponding RB properties:
6. Select “OK” to finish registering your application. You are now ready to export reports to Google Drive.