TECH TIP: RB Server and Local Interbase
Local Interbase is a desktop database solution and has built-in connectivtiy limitations. One such limitation is that a Window Service application cannot connect to it unless the service application has permission to interact with the desktop.
Therefore if you are running a report server application within the context of ReportBuilder Services, you will need to modify the properties of ReportBuilder Services.
Modifying ReportBuilder Services Properties
- Access the Windows Service Manager
- Select the ReportBuilder Services item.
- Stop the service
- Access the service properties dialog by Double-clicking on the item (or use the right mouse button).
- Select the LogOn tab
- Click the checkbox labeled “Allow service to interact with desktop.”
- Close the dialog
- Close the Windows Service Manager
- Use the RB Services tray icon application to start the server.