TECH TIP: Connect To Paradox Via ADOConnection
- Create a TADOConnection
- Launch the Data Link Properties Dialog by double clicking on the ADOConnection on the Form
- Set the Provider to be the Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers
- Select Next or Select the Connection tab of the Data Link dialog
- Specify the source of data by using a connection string and press Build.
- Create a new DSN for DBDemos in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Borland Shared\Data\DBDemos.DSN
- Check the directory shown in the ODBC Paradox setup dialog to be the same as shown in step 5.
- Select ‘OK’ in the ODBC Paradox setup dialog and return to the Data Link Dialog
- Select the path for the initial catalog to use from the drop down list.
- Test Connection
Now you should be able to connect to DBDemos via ADO. Surf this example for a demo.