TECH TIP: Naming objects in the End-User Environment
In ReportBuilder, each of the objects in a Report (Labels, DBText, etc.) has a UserName property. The Report Designer and its dialogs display the object’s UserName rather than the Name.
The UserName is also used to reference objects when writing RAP code.
Assigning a UserName:
- Select the Design tab of the Report Designer
- Slect View | Toolbars | Report Tree from the main menu. (Or press the right mouse button while over the top docking area and select Report Tree).
- The Report Tree tool window displays a tree view of all objects in the report.
- Use the mouse to select the object node in the treeview
- Press the right mouse button and select Rename from the popup menu. The node will enter into edit mode
Note: The bands and the report itself cannot be renamed.